Here are tips to help you have your best year ever:
- Document your goals
- Focus on the short term (within 6 months) and be realistic
- Be sure to start with the end in mind
- But don’t look any further than days end. Take it one day at time as looking ahead can become daunting
- Do not underestimate the power of a group or team
- Working out in a team environment can be very positive and effective when there’s a group of people working together for a common goal. It lends itself to acountability, support, and camaraderie – 3 sure-fire ways to keep you going.
- Mix it up
- Variety is key as the same workout can become boring and ineffective due to muscle memory.
- Make fitness a way of life
- Implement small changes in your daily life that won’t make the process seem like a huge overhaul. For example, try taking stairs when you’re able to rather than the escalator or elevator or include more water and remove one sugary beverage in your daily nutrition intake.
- Strive to feed yourself with the healthiest foods
- Experiment with new fruits and vegetables and try to limit your intake of processed foods.
- Be fearless!
May 2011 be a healthy and prosperous one!!